Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: 8LGM & Solaris 2.5

From: Bernd.Lehle () RUS Uni-Stuttgart DE (Bernd Lehle)
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 1995 09:59:02 +0100

I understand Solaris 2.5 is now in beta.  Given that 8LGM have a fair record
of finding bugs in Sun's software (see http://www.8lgm.org for details),
I think it would make sense for us to beta test future versions of Solaris,
so that problems can be fixed before it is released to the world.

Does this make sense to everyone else?  I know people from Sun read this
list, perhaps they could get us involved in this.

On the Sun User Group Technology Conference in Munich this Wednesday, Sun
announced that Solaris 2.5 has no security holes up to now.

<murmuring and laughter in the audience>

--
Bernd Lehle - Stuttgart University Computer Center * A supercomputer <
      Visualization / SFB 382 / Astrophysics       *  is a machine   <