Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: impossible vs. impractical

From: diego () ds5000 dgsca unam mx (Diego Zamboni)
Date: Mon, 8 May 1995 21:14:58 -0600 (CST)

[Dr. Frederick B. Cohen said:]
When you say "impossible" in a scientific context, [...]

Given that the list is for detailed practical discussion of real bugs
and security problems, I would assume that we're talking about
"impossible" in a practical context, rather that in a scientific
one. This, most of the time, is what you call "infeasible" in a
scientific context. I guess scanning a network with an electronic
microscope is not absoultely impossible, but certainly is practically
impossible (and yes, I'm taking it with humor :-) ).

Best regards.

--
 Diego Martin Zamboni         Depto. de Administracion de Supercomputo
 diego () ds5000 dgsca unam mx   DGSCA, UNAM, Mexico. Tel. (5)622-85-29