Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: impossible vs. impractical

From: jfh () rpp386 cactus org (John F. Haugh II)
Date: Wed, 10 May 95 22:46:14 CDT

  Oh good. I think possibility has practicality implied. After all, if you
can generate an infinite amount of energy, you CAN go the speed of light
(according to the current laws of physics), so there, it's not impossible.

But according to current physics, there is a finite amount of total
energy in the Universe, and thus it is impossible to get the infinite
energy required to do this - again, impossible, not infeasible.

I seem to have found a bug in my elm mailer.  Isn't there supposed to be
some way to get rid of mail on a subject you are no longer interested in
without having to press the "d" key every time?

Would someone please help me fix this bug?
--
John F. Haugh II  [ NRA-ILA ] [ Kill Barney ] !'s: ...!cs.utexas.edu!rpp386!jfh
Ma Bell: (512) 251-2151 [GOP][DoF #17][PADI][ENTJ]   @'s: jfh () rpp386 cactus org