Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Satan_doc on Solaris 2.3 (fwd)

From: jeremy.foot () sbil co uk (Jeremy Foot)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 11:20:02 +0000 (GMT)

Following an attempt to run the satan_doc perl script on
a Solaris 2.3 platform, the reconfig and make appear to
run ok, but on executing satan, I get the following error

cannot get SOCK_STREAM from sys/socket.ph or
/usr/include/sys/socket.h at socket.pl line 23.

Has anyone else run into similar problems with perl5
on Solaris, and if so could someone enlighten me with
the necessary patch ?

TIA
petev

----- End Included Message -----

Yep, I had this problem. Eventually I gave up on socket.h. Wrote my own
header based on some site specific stuff. Basically SOCK_STREAM = 1 for
Sunos4 and 2 for Sunos5. Whichever genius decided to change this wants
binding to a very lonely address. SOCK_STREAM and other such constants
;-0 are hard coded into lots of things like chat2.pl anf ftp.pl.

ugly

Jeremy.Foot () sbil co uk