Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Re[2]: snooper watchers

From: mouse () Collatz McRCIM McGill EDU (der Mouse)
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 21:45:00 -0500

Given the /dev/nit context, I presume we're talking Suns here, in
which case you can.

     /usr/etc/reboot [ -dnq ] [ boot arguments ]
[...]

If you have a firmware password set, in my experience the PROM demands
it when you reboot with arguments.  (This is particularly annoying when
booting single-user and fsck fixes / or /usr, because it demands the
password again when the automated reboot happens.)

This is perhaps an argument for setting a PROM password even for
machines with physically secure consoles.

                                        der Mouse

                            mouse () collatz mcrcim mcgill edu