Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Bug in Windows for Workgroups, Win95 beta

From: itudps () lux levels unisa edu au (Dan Shearer)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 10:58:15 +0930

The Samba development community have discovered a security hole in
Workgroups and Win95 beta.  Microsoft were officially informed, and
appear to have fixed the problem in the release version of Windows 95.
It still exists in Windows for Workgroups, and last I heard Microsoft
were not committing to releasing a patch for the problem, but they didn't
say they wouldn't either.

Oops... let's make that "Microsoft appear to have done nothing whatsoever
to fix the problem with Win95" It seems I was confusing myself, since I
just managed to connect to build 490.R6 and wander around the drive
starting from a shared C:\TEMP using "cd ../".

As I heard it, R6 is not a beta, it is what is being pressed
onto countless CDs right now...

--
 Dan Shearer                            email: Dan.Shearer () UniSA edu au
 Information Technology Unit            Phone: +61 8 302 3479