Bugtraq mailing list archives

HP bomb barded my email with it FAQ (fwd)

From: fc () all net (Dr. Frederick B. Cohen)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 1995 23:20:05 -0400

Forwarded message:
From firewalls-owner () GreatCircle COM Wed Jul 19 22:37:13 1995
From: Douglas Ramsey <dramsey () us DHL COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 1995 18:34:58 -0700
To: firewalls () greatcircle com
Subject: HP bomb barded my email with it FAQ
Sender: firewalls-owner () GreatCircle COM

HP has bomb barded my email with it FAQ. They sent me 500+ FAQ every two
minutes.
The problem was an 100 Meg file in my email account and another 1.5 Gigs worth
of data
out side the firewall. Needless to say we cut it off and shipped it to
/dev/null. The problem is
I am now getting email from people that are not sending the mail to me, this
includes many
news groups and the like. We have been tracing down all the route tables that
could have been
hosed. As of yet we have not found anything that suggests what is wrong.
Another side effect is
that a friend of mine is being sent some of this misguided mail from our
gateway. If anyone has
seen this problem before and know of an answer, please let me know.

Thanks

--

Thought bugtraq might be the right place for this.

-> See: Info-Sec Heaven at URL http://all.net
Management Analytics - 216-686-0090 - PO Box 1480, Hudson, OH 44236