Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: ff.core on Solaris 2.4

From: jmason () iona ie (Justin Mason)
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 1995 10:25:24 +0000

In your message of Wed, 04 Jan 1995 15:53:36 GMT, you say:

Finally, my newly upgraded system appears to have /usr and /usr/sys (probably
others too) in group sys and group writable. I chmoded this, but then a
subsequent installpatch set them back again. Is there a database online
somewhere that I can correct this information in to prevent installpatch doing
this?

There's a command-line option to installpatch (and to the cluster patch
sets, as I recall) that will cause it to skip the permission checks.
If it installs a new file replacing the one you already chmod'ed, it
may change the perms back though.

This is on Solaris 2.3, so it's probably in the sol24 patches as well...
although, knowing Sun, it probably isn't ;)

From memory, I think it's "-u".

--j.