Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: IP Spoofing and Vendors' attitude

From: iceman () MBnet MB CA (Oliver Friedrichs)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 22:21:39 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 25 Jan 1995, Christopher Klaus wrote:

the problem and saying the problem could be corrected by firewalls, they
didn't feel a need to release a patch.  They also told me that IP Spoofing
only made your network slightly vulnerable.  (I am not sure what could
make your network more vulnerable, Posting every confidental file and password
from your systems to Usenet?)

As has happened on this list in the past, I'm sure the vendors in
question would rather have their network code posted to this list, so
the public at large can fix problems that the vendor in question won't.

Somewhat of a one-sided view.

- Oliver