Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: NYT Article this morning

From: kovar () NDA COM (David Kovar)
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 1995 20:46:20 -0500 (EST)

To fully fix the problem will require all the vendors to come out with
kernel patches to make the TCP sequence numbering difficult to guess, then
have all the admins apply those patches to all the machines on Internet,
and then we will have solved the problem.  (While we are at it, have
admins install patches that stop get-root scripts also).  Pretty simple and
quick to implement.  <grin>

  I don't have access to the source for the appropriate modules, but it
seems to me that this is a relatively simple change. What am I missing?

-David