Bugtraq mailing list archives

nfs_mount in AIX

From: rick () msc cornell edu (rick () msc cornell edu)
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 1995 17:05:15 -0400 (EDT)

It appears that the completely undocumented routine 'nfs_mount' can be
used by a non-root user to mount a daemon on a directory ala NFS.  It
seems to me that this is a very nasty security hole.

I can't offer more details since, as I said, the routine is completely
undocumented, and the only working example I have is in a piece of
third-party software to which I do not have source.

I would appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this.

-Rick

--
|Rick Cochran                                                607-255-7223|
|Cornell Materials Science Center                    rick () msc cornell edu|