Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: All.Net's security testing service

From: chowes () helix net (Charles Howes)
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 1995 21:32:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 2 Apr 1995, Dieter Dworkin Muller wrote:

I've seen the various announcements of testing services available from
all.net.  I've not yet seen anyone report any experiences with thier
services.  So, anyone have any comments?

Report:
  It runs ISS, then a package of their own devising, then a
  pre-release version of SATAN.

  You're allowed to run it only once, since crackers have been abusing it.
  Mail goes only to postmaster at the site in question.  They have
  a postmaster-email test, to allow you to confirm that it will work
  before you use up your only test.  If email fails, the report is
  destroyed.

  The descriptions of the bugs it tests are also on the WWW site.

Thanks!

      Dworkin

--
Charles Howes -- chowes () helix net
 Always tell the truth, then you make it the other bloke's problem!