Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Security Info (root broken)

From: Mark.Graff () Corp Sun COM ( Mark Graff )
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 1994 14:58:19 -0700

Several people have asked about the status of Sun's /bin/mail patches.

The quick status is that we will be issuing another patch within the
next few days. It fixes the problems pointed out in the two postings
from 8LGM and one or two others that were uncovered in the course of
testing. This version has been extensively tested; and the last external
tester reported success just this morning. Now all that remains is to
package, release, and announce it.

I think the original poster also wanted to know how to get information
about security patches from Sun. The answer there, if you are seeking
official information, is either to use the Answer Centers or
security-alert () sun com (which I maintain).

Mark Graff

p.s. Followups to security-alert () sun com, not me personally, please. The
"official" alias is better attended and is read even when I am out of
comm.