Bugtraq mailing list archives

[cklaus () shadow net: Re: Security Info (root broken)]

From: jhill () srd bt co uk (Jake Hill)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 94 14:32:23 BST

chaps,

8lgm posted a /bin/mail script that showed a vulnerability on Usenet and Sun
responded a few weeks later with a patch.  8lgm showed with another script
that their patch had not fixed the problem, but had made it worse.  I do

I missed this. Any chance that somebody saved this, or at least the description
of the problem? If I fix it... I'll tell you all!

Cheers

Jake (slightly frightened, but trusting the firewall)

                A.A.&.T..I.N.F.O.R.M.A.T.I.O.N..S.Y.S.T.E.M.S

                     JakeyBaby% mail jhill () srd bt co uk

                           Techno.Crypto.Emusic