Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Time for moderation?

From: andrewh () muddcs cs hmc edu (Andrew Hughes)
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 1994 01:36:50 -0700 (PDT)

I am very unhappy :-( to be receiving anything that looks like
credit card numbers, names, and expiration dates.

If this is going to happen, I vote that bugtraq becomes a
moderated list.

I you feel that it should be moderated, good.  You are entitled to that
opinion.  I however wish for bugtrac to remain unmoderated.  Moderation
will lead to censorship.  Do I need to draw anymore parallels?

I agree.  I would argue that if anyone wants a moderated list, they
are free to set one up and have it moderated by whomever they choose.

                                AndrewH