Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Wanted: hackers for tiger team (new england area)

From: perry () imsi com (Perry E. Metzger)
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 1994 12:11:01 -0400

Christopher Klaus says:
All kidding aside, how much will a company pay to be broken into?

Quite a bit, actually.

Has anyone here hired a tiger team and did they find the investment
worth it?

I haven't ever hired one, but I did give some (limited) advice to some
people at an accounting firm that was hired to test security for a
company. (The big accounting firms are now really general business
consulting companies.) They successfully penetrated the target, but I
am not sure what the final fee was so I don't know if in the very
specific sense the sums expended were worth the additional security
that came out of the exercise.

Perry