Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: [8lgm]-Advisory-7.UNIX.passwd.11-May-1994

From: spaf () cs purdue edu (Gene Spafford)
Date: Sun, 15 May 94 17:54:20 -0500

About the same.

No, very different.  It's like complaining that your local fire
department hasn't issued any product recalls to fix your car.

If you are going to complain in public about perceived problems, it
gets better results (and makes more sense) to complain about the
parties who are actually involved.

As a community, we should complain about bugs to the vendors who
supply the code containing them.  That's one way we can make bugtraq
especially helpful -- identify the vendors responsible, and made sure
they follow up on reports in a timely manner.