Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: permissions

From: bampton () cs utk edu (Howard the Energizer)
Date: Tue, 17 May 1994 11:43:14 -0400

In a message posted Tuesday, May 17 Bruce Barnett writes:

Speaking of which, have people used my trojan perl script I posted earlier?
I think I only got one bugfix, and one report of the results.

Sounds like a lot of people asked for it, but never used it....

If you did act on the results, (i.e. change the permission of some
directories, etc.) did it have any ramifications?  Did any code break?

Should I post it to other mailing lists? Or is it too buggy?

I certainly found it useful, and as far as I know few people have
funky sym-links like foo -> ../../../bar/foo

The only other problem I ran into, was that it wedged a sun386i when I
ran it (probably becuase it ran out of swap space).

It didn't break anything here.

Howard Bampton
Internet: bampton () cs utk edu
Sys Admin, UT Knoxville, Tennessee  Even the walls of Jericho fell.....