Bugtraq mailing list archives

anyone know details?

From: pmetzger () lehman com (Perry E. Metzger)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 1994 14:58:10 -0500

From: eric () CS Berkeley EDU (Eric Allman)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.sendmail,comp.security.unix
Subject: sendmail 8.6.7 released
Date: 14 Mar 1994 17:52:56 GMT
Sender: eric () mastodon CS Berkeley EDU (Eric Allman)

I regret that someone reported a nasty security problem to me less
that 24 hours after I released sendmail 8.6.6.  This bug is present
in all sendmail version 8 versions prior to 8.6.7, as well as in
many vendor versions.  It does not exist in IDA sendmail.  I urge
you to upgrade before the cracker scripts start circulating around
the network.  Sorry for the inconvenience -- I only heard about this
an hour ago myself.

Sendmail 8.6.7 is available on FTP.CS.Berkeley.EDU in /ucb/sendmail.

eric