Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Solaris problems?

From: strat () ksu ksu edu (Steve Davis)
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 1994 18:39:48 -0500

James W. Abendschan writes:

2) it was recently pointed out to me that /dev/tcp and /dev/ip
   were mode 666; could this be a problem?

"echo booga > /dev/tcp" is a convenient way to reboot a 4.1.3 box.
There is a patch available, but I haven't seen very many people bother
to install it.

3) is solaris openwin code secure?  (yes or no, and if no, why..
   for those of us who just like to say things like "perhaps.")

Don't be ridiculous.

--
                                             Steve Davis <strat () ksu ksu edu>
                                                     Kansas State University