Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: syslog security problems

From: Mark.Graff () Corp Sun COM (Mark Graff)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 94 16:04:33 PST

Well it wasn't much of a vacation, but I am back.

We always give out the best information we have in response to inquiries
like yours. We can never know for sure what our priorities will be day
to day. Lately, as readers of this mailing list will know, we have been
pulled in many directions at once. Some of our best intentions have gone
for naught; but it`s not for lack of good intentions or effort.

We are aware of a problem with syslogd and will have a patch out very soon.

      /\
     \\ \        Mark G. Graff
    \ \\ /       Sun Security Coordinator
   / \/ / /      MS MPK2-04
  / /   \//\     2550 Garcia Avenue
  \//\   / /     Mountain View, CA 94043-1100
   / / /\ /      Phone: 415-688-9151
    / \\ \       Fax:   415-688-9101
     \ \\        Email: mark.graff () Sun COM
      \/