Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Full Disclosure works, here's proof:

From: karl () bagpuss demon co uk (Karl Strickland)
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 1994 08:30:20 +0000 (GMT)

Christopher Klaus wrote:

I think I would take the time to install a patch that has been fully
disclosed and know that most no-brain wannabe hackers are going to be
trying it on my system, versus a patch that fixes a problem that only SCO
and CERT know about and I will probably never have a problem with.

This is ridiculous.  You'd decline to install a security patch because
you think not enough hackers know about the hole?

Bela<

One important point is, if you dont know what the hole is, you cant be sure
its fixed.  Some people are more reluctant to take these things on trust,
after seeing what happened with Sun's binmail patches.
Mailed using ELM on FreeBSD               |                    Karl Strickland
PGP 2.3a Public Key Available.            | Internet: karl () bagpuss demon co uk