Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Crack type program for Novell Netware

From: cheer () isisph com (Christopher D. Heer)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 94 09:12:56 PST

Do you know of anything like that Cracker program you run on your
Unix systems, only for Novell Netware?  I need something that will
intelligently compare a dictionary to the password file.

A) this is not the place to ask for this sort of program.

No, probably not.  Is there a netware security mailing list, tho?

B) Last I looked (3.11) the password file had them in cleartext.

You didn't look very hard.  If there was *ever* a time they were held in
cleartext, it was well before version 2.0a.  3.11's passwords are held in
the bindery, which isn't even slightly cleartext.

--
 Christopher D. Heer  | "He's back, and it's about time!"
  cheer () isisph com    |   -- Doctor Who: coming to FOX, May 1995!