Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: FTP services --

From: wschmidt () iao fhg de (Wolfram Schmidt)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 94 18:45:29 +0200

] From: Marcus J Ranum <mjr () tis com>
[...]
]       My recent note about running ftpds pre-chrooted has garnered
] me several how-to requests. I'll describe briefly how we do it, and
] I guess I'll add it to the FAQ.
[...]
] 6: Write a wrapper to kick ftpd off and install it in /etc/inetd.conf
]       The wrapper should look something like: (assuming ~ftp = /var/ftp)
]
] main()
] {
[...]
] }

I don't know how well this works for other people, but I placed the
following line in /etc/inetd.conf (SunOS 4.1.x):
[edited to fit on one line]
rftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/etc/chroot rftpd /path/PROJECT /bin/rftpd

Wolfram Schmidt

--
Email: wschmidt () iao fhg de
Voice: +49 711 970 2431