Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: NFS exporting

From: rjq () phys ksu edu (Rob Quinn)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 1994 10:46:01 -0500 (CDT)

People can read and write your disk. In addition, anyone with access
to your network can spoof NFS packets and either interfere with your
view of whats on the disk or with the server's idea of what you are
attempting to write (or read). The latter portion should be obvious --
its easy to mount an active attack on a udp based protocol

 A while back I saw some discussion about NFS using tcp instead of udp. Would
this make things any more secure?

--
| let's all be different                                                   |
| just like me                                                   Rob Quinn |