Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Pro Disclosure (was Re: UnixWare)

From: bet () std sbi com (Bennett Todd)
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 1994 01:39:58 -0400 (EDT)

I think it has been well established that CERT's goal isn't to help you
improve your security. They regard that as too dangerous a proposition. If
they can secretly pass the word to participating vendors, they've achieved
their goals. And if all the participating vendors should decide to fix the
hole, why terrific.

That's why we don't bother reporting to CERT anymore: let 'em learn about
bugs by reading bugtraq or comp.security.unix, like the rest of us do. If
they don't care to help us improve our security, we'll be glad to return the
favour.

-Bennett
bet () sbi com