Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Bad Antivirus

From: Melissa Augustine <missy.augustine () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 07:10:43 +0000

I would also ssdeep the two files and see how different they are. will help you determine if you need to do more
analysis.

I would run in a sandbox to see what the malware does and fix accordingly. or do some research as sality has been out
for a while. I know off the top of my head it adds itself to the registry and adds itself as a trusted program to the
local FW.

if you have the exe's that would be your best bet.

Sent from my iPhone