Security Basics mailing list archives

OT: CPEs from other sources

From: Bryan <brakeb () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 11:16:43 -0500

I listen to the Risky Business podcast to get my CPEs. I started at
#1, and even though it was in 2007, many of the concepts still are in
practice and are topical to today's security environment.

But I also check out websites, like Ars Technica, or BugTraq. And I
read articles and whitepapers on security topics and issues, or bug
reports and patch issues that occur with various apps and operating
systems (like the recent Java issue on Mac OS).  Do any of my fellow
CPE (ISC2 or ISACA) earners put down sites or articles like that for
credit?  How much do you charge? Is there are hard and fast rule when
you record those (e.g.  2 page whitepaper = .1 CPE)?  Do you copy the
entire article to PDF, or is the link to the site good enough?

Just interested to see if folks do that...

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1