Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Internal Intrusion Detection/Prevention -- High Throughput -- Snort/Cisco/Others?

From: Omar Benbouazza Villa <bvomar () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 18:44:09 +0200

2012/5/30 Jon D <rekcahpmip () gmail com>:
I'm curious what other people have found to be good fits product wise
for internal IDS.
Say if you want to monitor a handful of high bandwidth servers on the
inside network without spending a fortune.

I was thinking about using a Cisco IDS, but they're a little pricey
for high bandwidth models.

Any thoughts?

Hi Jon,

Have you thought about the possibility of using Snort. Works great if
it isn't a huge number of servers and gives you the possibility to use
rules of the community or develop your own.

Requires tuning, but just like any other...

Regards,

Thanks,
Jon

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works,
how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test,
purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for
set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital
certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

--
@omarbv