Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Tool to find rouge wireless access points?

From: Mike Saldivar <Mike.Saldivar () usurf usu edu>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 20:18:05 +0000

Jon,

Just to clarify, you keep talking about APs of a different color:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rouge?s=t

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rogue?s=t

The Net Disco tool isn't too difficult to set up if you know your way around Linux
http://www.netdisco.org/

It'll SNMP walk your entire network and tell you what's connected, and where.  If the rogue AP has SNMP enabled, it'll
find it and tell you the make/model and which switch port it's hanging off.

-Mike