Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Free Penetration testing toolset

From: gold flake <ptinstructor () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 14:03:24 +0530

By its very definition, there is nothing called an Automated Pen Test
Toolkit/framework.  Sorry to bust your bubble, but you will have to
work it out manually.  Automated tools will and may point you to the
existence of vulnerabilities, but to exploit them, there is nothing
like good old manual method.

Or may be you are looking for a point and click type tool and have
missed out on Armitage.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1