Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Patch Management

From: "Vincent Duvernet (Nolmë Informatique)" <vincent.duvernet () nolme com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 20:47:06 +0200

Hi,

we're using Kaspersky Security Center 9 to check /deploy patches.
The latest version embbed Secunia Advisories.

So we have one unique console for Antivirus & Patch monitoring which is a good thing (so 1 network agent only).

Because Kaspersky's licencing is based on antivirus only, you can install without any cost :
Kaspersky Security Center 9 (server side)
Kaspersky Network Agent (client side). This application is already installed in Security Center.

Another 'hard way' written for Kaspersky but should works with any other tools which can launch a BATCH :
http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=227277
It's a pack of command line tools (C++ 2008 or C# .NET 2.0) used for managing computers (download file, create Windows account, check 32/64 bits architecture, check Windows version, read registry, quick email, file version and hash code, shutdown...)

Vincent

        <http://www.nolme.com>

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1