Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: RDP over the internet

From: Juha Jurvanen <juha.jurvanen () redcloud se>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 11:53:43 +0200

Hi guys,

Here's actually a piece of software to handle bruteforce attempts on RDP (and also Exchange servers OWA, SMTP and so on
). Of course it can't handle for instance a pre authentication bug but if there is a login attempot recorded by the
server it will be handled according to rules set by the system administrator. We did try some scripts in .vbs and
powershell and some other stuff but we wanted better mail reporting and better rule management than they could offer
We've used it for quite some time now and it has decreased our administrative tasks. Sorry of it sounds too "salesy"
but I really like it . It's called Sysepace and can be found at http://www.syspeace.com

Regards /Juha Jurvanen        www.redcloud.se