Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RDP over the internet

From: Matias Katz <matias () matiaskatz com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 14:38:06 -0300

Hi Mario,

If you do things right, you shouldn't feel insecure about leaving a TS
server out there.

The main things you should configure are:

1) Full security, at the TS Server side
2) Client certificates for host authentication
3) A special GPO/AD group (if applicable) for TS users that cuts away
all major interactions with the server/network
4) A high port for the service to listen on (this may require some
low-level registry config, I recommend surfing the web to get the
procedure).
5) Of course, you should complement all of this with a good set of
prevention tools, like Firewall, NIDS and Antivirus.

Best,

Matias Katz

Mail: matias () matiaskatz com
GPG:  0x8C7C3B7E