Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Regularly Vulnerability Assessment using QualysGuard - Pro/Cons?

From: Artis Schlossberg <artis () infosec lv>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 17:21:42 +0100

If you are evaluating Nessus and Qualys, have a look at OpenVAS too.

Greenbone has an OpenVAS based appliance: http://greenbone.net/

--
Artis

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 17:23, Wright, Joe # ATLANTA
<Joe.Wright () globalpay com> wrote:
Andre;

Qualys does store credentials in the cloud, however, they are also have serious security controls around the users
information such as encryption and so forth. You may wish to look further into their security status and storage
process. Alternately, you could use something like Nessus or Tenable Perimeter Security. It really depends on what
you are trying to achieve. Qualys however tends to be expensive on initial cost and recurring costs.

Joe