Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Solution for network monitoring

From: "Charles A. Fair" <charles.fair () mac com>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 13:37:41 -0500

Try a small Security Onion deployment, it likely will address your requirements.

Charles "Chuck" A. Fair
charles.fair () mac com

On Feb 1, 2012, at 12:57 AM, Nik <foringer () gmail com> wrote:

Hello, list!

I need your help in finding solution for network sniffing/monitoring
in large corporate networks. For a long period of time, we used
PacketSentry from PacketMotion company, but since it was bought by
VMware - they closed this product line.

The technical specification of the system must be something like this:
- work with SPAN ports;
- analyze level 7 traffic - web, smtp, smb/cifs, etc. The system must
provide information such as what user did on file server, what files
he opened/copied/edited
- have central managment

Thank you in advanced!

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1