Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Firewall Patching - Best Paractices

From: "gig" <gigabit () satx rr com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 10:49:41 -0500

lol.

This nonsensical diatribe is misplaced and ironic.

You rail against a lack of skill when your ability to communicate is woefully inadequate.

If you perceive that things aren't going your way, I'll suggest you look in the mirror to find the root source of the problem.

Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 7:51 AM
Subject: RE: Firewall Patching - Best Paractices

Those are all good ideas, sadly I say SADLY in the real world IT
professionals would starve, years ago, clients understood the importance,
today different story. No one wants to spend money for INTANGIBLE service as
of the past few years. Sure, they all will say OH yes security is very
important, however when it comes to performing that service the clients are MIA. As I said that's the real world today whereby everyone is an expert and no one has any real skill set to make a decision that merits. With the cloud BS on the rise, you will see a further decline, only the very elite and very
gifted will serve the data farms/clouds.  Five years from now, the trend
will be why put all your eggs in one basket let alone with everyone else
empirical data. IT "aint" what it used to be sadly, too many decision makers that lack competence to make good decisions, where once IT person had clout, in summation today everyone is an expert and no one knows a dam thing. Lets
hope it changes, great ideas, but focus on what put food on the table to
stay in this crazy industry where you have incompetent IT technical writers
writing BS articles and making more than the engineer.