Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: CISSP online training

From: "W. Lee Schexnaider" <l.schex () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 11:32:23 -0500

Hello,

One method I found that worked with studying for the CISSP was audio
files.  I was part of a study group at my former employer and we
divided up the sections according to interest and ability and wrote
study notes and shared them with the group.  I also took took all the
study notes and recorded them as mp3s and shared them.  The audio
files were a big help, because at the time I had an hour-long commute
two work and I could listen to the files on the drive.  Now, tablets
like the Nook Tablet can just read the text files, but I found
recording the files helped.

Also, as another writer has indicated, this is a test that requires
you study over a long period of time.  My study group spent months on
meeting and study guides  before we all took the exam.  Also, remember
the test is not just about regurgitating facts,  it is much more based
on applying the information in situations.

If you make your own study notes, come up with scenarios where the
application of the information might be useful and write those down.

W. Lee Schexnaider
Houston, Texas