Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: USB encrypted

From: metasansana () gmail com
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 15:43:15 +0000

Vague question,  but encryption is not anti virus. If the entire usb's file system is encrypted then viruses can't
properly infect until you decrypt it. Seeing as you will need to decrypt in order to use the data on the flash then the
window for infection opens when you mount the usb.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device available from bmobile.