Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Local Software Scanner for vulnerabilities

From: Sheldon Malm <Sheldon_Malm () rapid7 com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:37:43 +0000

Pascal,

Full disclosure: I work for Rapid7.

NeXpose Community Edition is free and supported on Windows and Linux.  Definitely worth checking out.  If you need
something that is commercially supported, there are several options for NeXpose that can scale to meet your needs at
affordable price points.

I agree with Todd ... BigFix is a great product, but it solves a different needs, is agent-based, and is not what I
would describe as affordable for what you're trying to accomplish.

I hope this helps.

Sheldon Malm
Senior Director, Security Strategy & Alliances
Rapid7