Security Basics mailing list archives

Securing Ipad2

From: abigdeale () gmail com
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 20:35:18 +0000

Good day,

I need to successfully secure a limited amount of Ipad2's on our corporate network which gains access via vpn through
the 3G connection.

I understand that there are several applications available to secure the
Ipad2 locally, and that when typed in incorrect password, you can actually wipe
the pad of all data.
(Q1. Is this recoverable from sync with itunes/desktop?)

On corporate side there are firewalls, proxies and the like to secure the connection/node.
(Q2. What are the best practises to secure mobile devices on in such an enviroment?).

The ipads has access to email, inter/intra net and several other requirements.        (Q3. Tracking software and remote
logins, are they available and do they work?)

Thanks for your time, I'm not familiar with any apple products as of yet, and a newbie in the infosec world. So the
questions may sound dumb.

Kind regards,
abigdeale

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1