Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Best practices for preventing malware in a small businessenvironment?

From: krymson () gmail com
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 14:17:58 GMT

I hesitate to suggest a product I've not personally used, but something like an Untangle (www.untangle.com) box may be
sufficient for you. It provides quite a few benefits aimed at a smaller environment.

Even if it's not the right thing for you, implementing it may provide some lessons.

Speaking of lessons, make sure anything you implement is accompanied by moments of education to users on why
protections are in place. Sometimes just answering the question, "Why is this site blocked?" provides a great chance
for education that users can even take home.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1