Security Basics mailing list archives

Fwd: Monitoring emails.

From: Peter Odigie <peterodigie () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 12:05:43 +0100

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peter Odigie <peterodigie () gmail com>
Date: Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 12:04 PM
Subject: Re: Monitoring emails.
To: Sebastien MAHIEUX <sebastien.mahieux () gmail com>
Cc: security-basics () securityfocus com

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Sebastien MAHIEUX
<sebastien.mahieux () gmail com> wrote:

Hi,
My questions are :
What do you need to record (Sender, Receiver, body, subject) ? The cost and the infrastructure will depend on the
volume of informations stored.

****I will need to record Sender, Receiver and subject at least. Body
is optional.

What do you mean by "the system does not has to be always on.". Does it will used for audit on demand ?

****I mean that at the end of office hours they will shutdown the
system and start it again the next day. But when it starts,  it should
be ****able to pull all the messages that was sent when it was
offline.

There are some DLP solution which can help you, I can define with you regarding the response at the questions. For
the avaibility you can use the MX for the failover.

****Thanks Sebastien

Regards.
Sebastien.