Security Basics mailing list archives

Administration Suite for Clients in an Windows/Mac Network with Win2003 Server

From: Oliver Möller <webrevilo () googlemail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 21:10:58 +0100

Hey all,

I'm following your list for quite a while now - I hope this is the
right place for my Question.

Since a few months I am responsible for the administration of all
IT-based topics in my Company.
I am looking for an administration Suite to cover topics like Updates,
Security, System-Configuration.

We have the following general Setup:

---
6 Netbooks with Win7 Starter for presentation purposes and ERP

10 Notebooks and PCs with Win7 Prof and WinXP Prof/Home - also for
Presentation and ERP

6 Mac Mini Snow Leopard for Presentation, Web-Browsing and
MediaStreaming via Apple Airport Express

and finally Windows 2003 Server
---

I would be fine with managing all the windows-based PCs and do the
Macs manually - even thats seems not too easy to me.

Because of the rather small size of the Network I try to not spending
to much money (preferably free). I've already asked google for client
management and similar stuff but would never get a really good result.

Do you have any ideas, recommendations, tips?

--
Firma Oliver Möller
Hermann-Pistor Straße 63

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1