Security Basics mailing list archives

Release of updated free IT Security Guidance

From: SteveA () CertifiedDigitalSecurity com
Date: 10 Jan 2011 22:28:58 -0000

We have started to release the updated versions of the UK Based ‘Certified Digital Security’ (CDS)  standard guidance
documents.  These updates simplify further the language used to outline what small and medium enterprises (SMEs) should
undertake first when they start on the road to becoming more secure.

Today’s release is Level 1 which available from http://www.certifieddigitalsecurity.com/1
Note this update also adds the need for organisations to check with the UK Information Commissioners’ Office as to
their requirements to track any personal data they are processing under the UK Data Protection Act.

Free General Security Policy Template Documents

Also on the site are versions of the documents we often get requested to provide to these IT Security newcomers, those
of general template documents e.g. email, internet, asset disposal policy and registers etc.

About Certified Digital Security
The Certified Digital Security standard is an openly available roadmap based methodology for organisations to improve
their security in a progressing and incremental basis.  It is written to allow SMEs to undertake the work in-house if
they desire or to contract it out.
All of documents on the website are free.

Steve A
Certified Digital Security
stevea () certifieddigitalsecurity com
Twitter: DigitalSy

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1