Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Cisco Telnet Service

From: Dan Anderson <dan-anderson () cox net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 14:59:50 -0600

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Richard Robins
<richard.robins () draxpower com> wrote:
I agree with what you are saying but that would require span to pass traffic from one port to another to be sniffed.

To enable span you need access to the switch cli or browser - swings and roundabouts.

Nail the access down with ACL's

Are we actually discussing the merits of telnet versus ssh in 2011?

If you feel the need to pass login credentials in the clear, please
use a serial cable.

Dan

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1