Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Vulnerability Data

From: "Mikhail A. Utin" <mutin () commonwealthcare org>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 09:33:15 -0500

This is very interesting discussion. The main problem  (and once I've publish an article briefly describing such a
problem) I see is a classification of attacks and exposures. Even the same virus could cause different damage depending
on internal organization's environment. Thus we need to collect not only info about a fact, attack variant, but about
security/insecurity environment.
So far, AFAIC there is no such public database. Private, which are sold together with so named "Risk Management"
software is a black cat in a dark room.
Regards

Mikhail A. Utin, CISSP
Information Security Analyst