Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Alert when a new PC joins the domain

From: fl0w3r <fl0w3r.2011 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 15:19:03 -0700

Thanks to everybody for your answers, we use Kaseya to manage workstations, Kaseya depends of installing an agent in each workstation/server.
That's how we manage our inventory.

The scenario is this:
A tech can join a computer to the domain without no problem, they have permissions to do so.

The problem is : sometimes the PC added doesn't have this Kaseya agent , so it is completely out of my control (inventory speaking) unless I do the manual cross checking which is very time consuming.

That's why I need to implement an alert to notify me every time a PC has been joined to the domain, If I found that PC within my Kaseya inventory fine if not at least I can determine to what client this PC belongs, and what tech was working on that PC.

I am talking approx. 20 domains here.
Maybe this is not the right approach to the problem... I will be glad to hear other points of view.