Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Host Based Intrusion Detection System Recommendations

From: Hanif Abdul Ghani <hanifg () modenas my>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 08:53:48 +0800

ossec.net ?

On 20/04/11 06:40, Fmoreno () victor org wrote:
Hello Group,

I was hoping that I can get some help with making a recommendation to the agency I currently work for in regards to a
Host Based Intrusion Detection System. I was asked to make some recommendations, but it must be inexpensive. The HIDS
would be mainly used to set off alerts on unauthorized access to certain resources on sensitive information stored on a
Windows 2008 Enterprise Server edition. It will also be used to monitor access to the resources as well.

Does anybody know of any economical ones? I would also like to know what is being used out their even if they are in
the high end pricing just to provide options.

Thank you in advanceā€¦

Fili Moreno

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1