Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: THC Hydra and HTTP brute-force cracking

From: Martin T <m4rtntns () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 05:20:53 +0200

David,
ok, looking forward to Hydra 6.2 :)

Jérôme,
yes, looks like the HTTP server running on the router does not support
HEAD request as I get "Connection closed by foreign host" right away
if I telnet to httpd port on the router and make a HEAD request. Most
likely it would be smart to check the support of HEAD requests of the
HTTP server before attacking it.. However, thanks for clarifying
differences between the HTTP HEAD and GET requests.

regards,
martin